LAIKA - Lighting Pipeline TD
The Lighting Pipeline TD will work closely with Artists, Sr. Engineers, and Technical Directors to design, develop, deploy, and support custom software tools to extend the capabilities of our USD-backed, Katana & Renderman-based Lighting Pipeline.
• Extend the capabilities of Katana through custom scripts and plugins, collaborating with show and facility leadership to target high value projects, addressing the needs of Lighting and Look Development artists.
• Extend the capabilities of Mari and Substance Painter, addressing the needs of Look Development artists.
• Collaborate with the Production Technology Team to integrate Lighting and Lookdev products into our Asset Management system for the core Lighting and Lookdev DCCs, including Katana, Mari, and Substance Painter.
• Work with non-technical end users to help define requirements for novel tools and develop prototypes for systems that solve production problems.
• Collaborate with other Pipeline TDs and Engineers to evolve the Core Pipeline, incorporating technological advances and addressing the evolving requirements of a growing facility.
• Follow the processes and procedures of the software development life cycle, build and release system, documentation and testing standards used in Production Technology.
• Assist with the support of existing tools via bug fixes and version updates.
• Support users on Linux with Lighting and Lookdev related problems.
• Support applications through documentation, training, and handling questions.
• 4+ years of experience developing custom Lighting and Lookdev tools and workflows within an animation or VFX studio environment.
• Expertise developing with Python, including familiarity with best practices, the Python core library, and industry standard libraries such as PySide.
• Experience with Katana and its various apis, and Plug-in System.
• Experience with USD and the suite of USD apis.
• Experience with one or more production grade renderers, such as Renderman.
• Experience with Mari and / or Substance Painter a plus.
• Experience with additional DCCs such as Houdini, Maya, and/or Nuke a plus.
• Experience with SCM tools such as Git and GitLab.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT