LAIKA - CG Asset Artist
The CG Asset Artist collaborates with the CG Modeling, Texturing and Surfacing team to produce highly accurate, photo-real and stylized CG assets for stop motion feature films.
• Develop CG assets with an emphasis on matching the look of realistic practical assets, while working within the production schedule and meeting established deadlines.
• Work closely with the Lead CG Asset Artist and Look Development Lead to ensure all CG assets are up to quality standards to meet the look of show and technical requirements of the pipeline.
• Ensure accuracy of assigned tasks for publishing and delivering completed CG Assets.
• Maintain CG asset standards for use in Visual Effects (VFX) and across departments throughout the Studio.
• Work collaboratively to achieve technical and creative solutions for CG Asset team.
• Utilize Studio standard software to create character, hard surface and organic builds.
• Address revisions in a timely manner with creative and technical solutions.
• 3+ years’ experience in look development, texture painting and modeling.
• Experience with CG asset creation for VFX or Animated productions, preferred.
• Proficient with Look Development software (i.e. Katana, Solaris) required.
• Experience with Maya, Mari, Renderman and/or Substance Painter, a plus.
• Proficient Look Development, R&D and Lighting skills from both an artistic and technical perspective.
• Strong aesthetic sense and keen eye for detail.
• Strong understanding of production and look development pipelines for feature films.
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills to balance priorities under the pressure of a deadline-driven production.
• Familiarity with shading networks and CG material development.
• Technical background working with large-scale animation production pipelines and processes, a plus.
• Experience with Houdini, Substance Designer and exporting to Unreal Engine knowledge, a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT