LAIKA - VFX Modeling TD
The VFX Modeling Technical Director (TD) is responsible for creating character, prop and set models that support the artistic goals and story concepts of the production.
• Create and maintain 3D models for use in production.
• Work with Lead Modeler to help realize the aesthetic vision of the production.
• Develop model tools to help move complex modeling assets through the pipeline.
• Build procedural systems for complex modular models.
• Help develop workflows, tools and models for hair and cloth.
• Work with scan data to reproduce or guide model aesthetic.
• Adjust uvs, topology of model deliverables for downstream departments.
• Work with layout artists to publish set models for larger set builds. Work with VFX artists to produce specific geometry required for simulations.
• Ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments.
• Meet deadlines as established by Production Management.
• 5+ years of Feature Film or relevant industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects).
• Ability using Maya for the creation of both hard surface and organic models.
• Understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry assets, in a production setting.
• Familiarity with scripting in Python, MEL or HScript.
• Knowledge of polygonal, Nurbs and subdivision surface types.
• Experience with Zbrush required.
• Life drawing and sculpting experience, a plus.
• Experience with 3D printers and mechanical engineering, a plus.
• Experience with SpeedTree, Marvelous Designer, Houdini, Unreal, MOTO, Mudbox, Photoshop, Inventor, TogoGun, a plus.
• Experience with Universal Scene Description (USD) APIs and usage, a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT