LAIKA - CG Asset Supervisor
The CG Asset Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all elements of Visual Effects (VFX) asset builds including modeling, texturing, rigging and look development. This position works closely with the VFX Supervisor, other CG Supervisors and VFX Production Management to define and implement creative and technical strategies for VFX asset builds.
• Partner with VFX Department Supervisors and Leads to evaluate and achieve technical and creative solutions for asset tasks, such as character, hard surface and organic builds.
• Advise VFX Production Management on asset task bidding, scheduling and load distribution.
• Partner with VFX Production Management, Supervisors and Leads to ensure Asset Artists have necessary task information at launch.
• Oversee CG Assets Lead, Assets Rigging Lead, and Assets Look Development Lead tasks and work closely with Leads and Artists to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and quality standards are met.
• Follow progress of all asset-related tasks, facilitate their completion and determine when they are ready for publishing and/or additional reviews.
• Troubleshoot production problems and proactively work to minimize their impact.
• Participate in Digital Pipeline/Technology meetings and advise on priorities, tool and pipeline development.
• Participate in cross-departmental meetings and reviews, and advise on CG Asset requirements and timeframes.
• Proactively seek industry innovations to streamline workflows and participate in testing and implementation.
• Oversee design and execution of front-end-related documentation and training materials.
• 10+ years of CG Development experience using Maya, Renderman and Katana on live-action commercial, TV or feature film productions.
• Strong communication skills; ability to convey complex ideas and creative vision in simple terms to creative partners.
• Strong understanding of production modeling, rigging and look development for feature film pipelines.
• Experience with Linux (or another Unix) operating system required.
• Strong understanding of VFX pipeline from on-set capture to modeling, texturing, look dev, rigging, animation, lighting, and rendering.
• Experience deconstructing CG aspects for asset builds that will satisfy downstream disciplines required.
• Ability to translate concept art or descriptions into tangible forms (i.e., characters, props and environments).
• Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage team members and projects under tight deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures.
On-site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT