LAIKA - Sr Core Digital Pipeline TD
The Sr Core Digital Pipeline TD is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of foundational systems in LAIKA’s digital content creation pipeline. As a member of the team focusing on Core Pipeline, the Sr Core Digital Pipeline TD will work on critical systems including asset management, process management, configuration management, disk management and farm submission.
• Collaborate on the design and development of foundational systems used across the digital pipeline including developer facing APIs and services, as well as user facing UIs for asset, farm, process, disk and configuration management.
• Work with other Engineers, Artists and leadership to ensure consistency and scalability of tools and APIs across the pipeline.
• Follow consistent, modern testing practices.
• Identify issues and develop new tools and techniques that improve flexibility and control for Artist’s managing complex scenes and asset hierarchies.
• Refactor existing pipeline tools to utilize new 3rd party technologies and updates to major dcc packages.
• Drive pipeline priorities in conjunction with technology leadership.
• Mentor other TDs in digital pipeline development.
• Facilitate digital pipeline troubleshooting.
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in the VFX or feature animation industry.
• Expertise in Python, including the standard library, the Qt Toolkit (PySide, PyQt), and common 3rd party libraries and frameworks, required.
• Experience designing and developing desktop APIs required; cloud-native API development experience preferred.
• Experience with other languages in addition to Python, such as C++, Rust, Go, Typescript, preferred.
• Experience developing for common industry platforms including USD, Maya, Houdini, Katana and/or Nuke preferred.
• Experience developing for Linux required; Mac and Windows experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR, and also eligible for hybrid or remote work.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT