LAIKA - Imaging Pipeline TD
The Imaging Pipeline Technical Director works directly with Artists and other Engineers to develop software systems, user interfaces and technical solutions for a variety of complex film production processes. This position specializes in media processing tools related to shooting our stop motion films, and managing the image quality through the various production pipeline. The Imaging Pipeline Technical Director will develop new tools and update existing tools used by the Camera, Motion Control, Visual Effects (VFX), Marketing and Media Services teams.
• Design and build new applications and pipeline tools, maintain existing tools and improve the interoperability of both to enhance Studio workflows.
• Work with Sprint Leads and Sr Engineers to resolve tasks related to application design, development, deployment and updates.
• Maintain and develop new tools for image processing, color management and distribution of media throughout the Studio.
• Work directly with Camera and Motion Control departments to supply software solutions to on-set problems.
• Support the VFX Survey team with tools for on-set data gathering.
• Write applications for modifying motion control data.
• Build software interfaces for serial hardware peripherals.
• Initiate research and development, implement 3rd party solutions when available, and design and build prototypes in collaboration with others for next generation systems.
• Work with end-users to improve the usability of all Technology tools, help develop strong user stories for new tools/features and standardize UI libraries used by the department.
• Support applications through documentation, training and handling user questions.
• 2+ years of experience in applied software development or engineering experience in a professional setting.
• Proficiency in Python, required.
• Experience with OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, FFMPEG, PySide2 and Imagemagick, preferred.
• Experience with Canon raw files or other proprietary formats, preferred.
• Experience with SDLC concepts and methodologies including managing build/release via CI/CD, version control discipline and SCM tools such as Git, GitLab, and Perforce.
• Experience developing for Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems; iOS development, preferred.
• Knowledge of, and development experience with, any of the following preferred: Motion Control • Systems/Robotics, Dragonframe, Photography, Linear Algebra, 3D Scanning/Photogrammetry, Autodesk Maya, 3DEqualizer.
• Experience using electrical/test-bench tools and machine/hand tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT