Senior GPU Design Verification Engineer
Samsung Austin R&D Center - Advanced Computing Lab
Austin, San Jose, San Diego
Samsung, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, is founded on a simple philosophy – the endless pursuit of excellence will create a better world for all. At Samsung Austin Research and Development Center (SARC) and Advanced Computing Lab (ACL), we are building a center of excellence for Intellectual Property (IP) that is applied to high-performance computing devices (mobile, automotive, and other custom market segments) consumed by millions of people around the world. Come build with us!
Role and Responsibilities
Presently our GPU design teams, located in Austin (SARC) and San Jose (ACL), are developing a GPU that will be deployed in Samsung mobile products. Our System IP team located in Austin (SARC) is working on Coherent Interconnect and memory controller architectures.
The Verification Infrastructure team within Samsung is seeking a highly motivated Engineer with past experience working on Design Verification flows and solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining highly complex, scalable and efficient Verification flows and solutions.
- Supporting regression management system, interactive user requirements, triaging of regression fails, revision control systems and working with outside EDA vendors
Skills and Qualifications
- BS Computer Engineering, BSEE, or comparable and 7 + years industry experience in a design verification role
- Proficient in System Verilog/UVM/OVM, and OOP/C++
- Experience with automation and scripting needed for Verification Front End tools and flows.
- Knowledge of Verification Tools (Simulators, Waveform debug tools) on how they work, how they interact, and what data they produce
- Hands-on experience on scripting using Perl, Ruby, Python, tcsh, zsh, and Makefile
- Knowledge about SQL style databases and query commands
- Knowledge of Source Code Repositories
- Experience with Compute Farm batching systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Background with working with multiple EDA vendors that support the integration of their Verification Tools.
Compensation for this role will vary among specific regions due to geographic differentials in the labor market, actual pay will be determined considering factors such as relevant skills and experience, and comparisons to other employees in the role. However, compensation in the following regions is expected to be as follows:
Colorado: Compensation is expected to be between $184,040.00 and $223,735.00
NYC: Compensation is expected to be between $184,040.00 and $223,735.00
Washington State: Compensation is expected to be between $211,680.00 and $257,336.00
California: Compensation is expected to be between $211,680.00 and $257,336.00
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), free onsite lunch, employee purchase program, tuition assistance (after 6 months), paid time off, student loan program, wellness incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
*This position requires the ability to access information subject to U.S. export control restrictions. Applicants must have the ability to access export controlled information or be eligible to receive a government authorization to access export-controlled information
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.