GPU Architect - Driver, Senior Engineer
Samsung Austin R&D Center - Advanced Computing Lab
Austin, San Jose, San Diego
DescriptionLet’s Build The Future. Together.
Samsung, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, is founded on a simple philosophy – the endless pursuit of excellence will create a better world for all. At Samsung Austin Research and Development Center (SARC) and Advanced Computing Lab (ACL), we are building a center of excellence for Intellectual Property (IP) that is applied to high-performance computing devices (mobile, automotive, and other custom market segments) consumed by millions of people around the world. Come build with us!
We’re growing a team of talented individuals with diverse skill sets to build a technology roadmap and deliver a market-leading GPU. Our Xclipse GPU is the first mobile GPU with ray tracing technology that enables console-level graphic for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Being part of a unique growing team at a well-established global company means you have limitless room to explore, innovate, and grow by wearing multiple hats. Our GPU Architect team delivers whole system architecture-level design for Samsung’s current and next-generation mobile GPU. Depending on the functional discipline, they’re responsible for anywhere from early-stage architectural exploration, research work focusing on graphic and machine learning, defining new features, and modeling, to diving into microarchitecture design and programming work.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a GPU architect of system and arch team, you will be responsible to support researcher and architect lead to implement the prototype system containing new GPU features such as Ray Tracing, Machine Learning, AR/VR and more.
- Implement or maintain the emulation functional model to support the new GPU features.
- Partner with RTL designer and modeling team to debug functional and performance issues.
- Implement tools to support functional or performance testing and debugging.
Skills and Qualifications
- Generally, requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or a Masters Degree and 1 year of professional experience.
- More experienced engineers will be hired at more senior levels.
- C, C++ and python programming in a Linux environment.
- Experience with development tools such as revision control systems, debuggers, and make/cmake
Preferred Qualifications (NOT Required):
- Experience with OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX or Metal
- Experience with CUDA or OpenCL and machine learning
- Experience with AR/VR solution implementation
Compensation for this role will vary among specific regions due to geographic differentials in the labor market, actual pay will be determined considering factors such as relevant skills and experience, and comparisons to other employees in the role. However, compensation in the following regions is expected to be as follows:
Colorado: Compensation is expected to be between $114,133.00 and $176,907.00
NYC: Compensation is expected to be between $114,133.00 and $176,907.00
Washington State: Compensation is expected to be between $134,588.00 and $208,612.00
California: Compensation is expected to be between $134,588.00 and $208,612.00
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), free onsite lunch, employee purchase program, tuition assistance (after 6 months), paid time off, student loan program, wellness incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
*This position requires the ability to access information subject to U.S. export control restrictions. Applicants must have the ability to access export controlled information or be eligible to receive a government authorization to access export-controlled information.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.