Staff Engineer - GPU RTL Design
Samsung Austin R&D Center - Advanced Computing Lab
Austin, San Jose, San Diego
Samsung, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, is founded on a simple philosophy – the endless pursuit of excellence will create a better world for all. At Samsung Austin Research and Development Center (SARC) and Advanced Computing Lab (ACL), we are building a center of excellence for Intellectual Property (IP) that is applied to high-performance computing devices (mobile, automotive, and other custom market segments) consumed by millions of people around the world. Come build with us!
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior/Staff RTL design engineer, you will work as part of a GPU IP design team. This is a mid to senior level position where the candidate will be in an individual contributor role, tasked with driving the RTL design of various sub-blocks for a GPU targeted to mobile market as well as other markets. Significant architectural as well as RTL design experience is critical for success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with other architects within the IP and at the SoC level to drive the architectural definition.
- Partner with the physical design team to resolve implementation level details.
- Work closely with design verification to test plan and otherwise ensure proper functionality.
- Expect to collaborate with engineers in Korea on requirements.
- Deliver quality micro-architectural level documentation.
- Produce quality RTL on schedule meeting PPA goals
Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE, Computer Engineer or comparable and 7 + years of experience
- Experience driving the RTL design of various digital sub-blocks of GPU /CPU high performance digital designs
- Demonstrated experience of successful Architectural through RTL design experience on high performance digital designs
Preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Pixel Pipe or GPU experience preferred
- Low Power Design experience preferred
Compensation for this role will vary among specific regions due to geographic differentials in the labor market, actual pay will be determined considering factors such as relevant skills and experience, and comparisons to other employees in the role. However, compensation in the following regions is expected to be as follows:
Colorado: Compensation is expected to be between $144,345 and $223,735
NYC: Compensation is expected to be between $144,345 and $223,735
Washington State: Compensation is expected to be between $166,024 and $257,336
California: Compensation is expected to be between $166,024 and $257,336
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), free onsite lunch, employee purchase program, tuition assistance (after 6 months), paid time off, student loan program, wellness incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
*This position requires the ability to access information subject to U.S. export control restrictions. Applicants must have the ability to access export controlled information or be eligible to receive a government authorization to access export-controlled information.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.