LAIKA - VFX Pipeline Supervisor
The VFX Pipeline Supervisor ensures that the technical requirements of the VFX department are established and met both sustainably and on budget. This position will oversee a team of Technical Directors (TDs), managing their priorities and approach, providing technical guidance, and translating the needs of production supervision into an actionable plan, working with the Digital Pipeline Sr Manager to maximize the return on development investment for the Studio.
• Deliver technical solutions for challenges encountered by the production and the studio, working in concert with production and studio leadership.
• Oversee production TD assignments, collaborating with production leadership to ensure appropriate prioritization.
• Collaborate with TDs and production leadership to convey priorities and ensure harmonious development efforts.
• Design improved workflows in concert with production and studio leadership, managing production TDs to actualize the work.
• Provide concise and constructive feedback and ensure TDs are directed to reach milestones and production targets.
• Capture user requirements and translate them into actionable plans.
• Mentor TDs to help them to achieve their full potential.
• Articulate development plans and requirements of the production to the heads of departments and studio leadership to help ensure that production concerns are considered in long-term planning.
• Help resolve conflicting opinions on approach between team members.
• 10+ years VFX post-production experience.
• Previous experience as a Sr TD, Supervisor and/or Department TD; experience as a Pipeline Supervisor, preferred.
• Strong technical skills, including expertise in Python, industry standard APIs, and one or more DCC APIs.
• Technical expertise in one or more DCCs, including Maya, Nuke, Houdini and/or Katana, required.
• Experience with industry standard tooling, such as USD, OpenImageIO, OpenColorIO, OpenAssetIo, etc., preferred.
• Ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a clear manner, cognizant of the target audience.
• Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Proficiency in other industry standard software, a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER and MATERIALS SUBMISSION AGREEMENT.
TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT
Session TimeSunday, 6 August 20238am - 9:30am PDT